Preliminary Summer School Programme 2012 & Flyer
NICLAS uses the elarning platform OLAT (login will be available for selected participating students during spring term 2012), part of the VICAJOP e-learning platform, an e-learning solution especially designed for joint degree- and joint teaching modul-projects at the University of Vienna (project group of Herbert van Uffelen, Institut für Europäische und Vergleichende Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft - Abteilung Nederlandistik). It also hosts the NICLAS Online Course Catalogue, where detailed information on each of the teaching sessions of the current (and past) summer school programmes is available. Students will profit from a blended learning approach while participating in the preparation and main summer session actively. Next to the NICLAS eCourse for the case study prepartion, it contains the reading materials, the participants' profile and an online course description for the individual units of the NICLAS summer school programme.
Participation in NICLAS Summer School is open to students enrolled at one of the partner universities and studying in one of the fields concerned (law, political science, economy, international relations, european studies or other).
Participation is limited to four students from each university. Applications have to be made directly to the NICLAS contact person of the partner university concerned. The partner universities apply a common selection policy, including academic excellence, international experience, gender equality and equality of people with disablities.
Participation is free, travel and housing costs are covered by NICLAS.
Students are expected
- to attend and actively contribute to the preparatory course offered at each partner university during spring semester 2012 (preparation of case studies according to the summer course programme)
- to attend and actively contribute to the two week summer school from July 9th to 20th, 2012 at PEU in Bratislava
Participation in NICLAS is part of the official course program of partner universities involved. Participating students are granted full academic recognition: NICLAS comprises 6 ECTS credits. 3 credits are granted by the partner universities for attendance of the preparatory course during spring semester at the home university. Additional 3 credits are granted by NICLAS summer school upon successful completion of the summer course program and submission of a final report.
Applicants have to
- complete the application form
- a CV (please use the official Europass CV template, max. 3 pages including photograph http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a letter of recommendation (by a university teacher)
- a transcript of records (showing successful completion of the relevant courses as indicated in the application form)
and send the documents to their local NICLAS coordinator by Jan 20, 2012. Students will be nominated at the end of January 2012.
For further information please contact your local NICLAS coordinator: